Legal Permanent Residency Through Employment
One of the most widely used methods to obtain permanent immigration to the USA is through employment. There are five classifications for employment-based permanent residency. Please click on the category that best suits your situation.
A general overview is included below. Please contact us to discuss your employment-based immigration matter.
EB-1 Priority workers
- Individuals with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics.
- Outstanding professors or researchers.
- Managers and executives transferred to the U.S.
EB-2 Professionals with advanced degrees or persons with exceptional ability
- Individuals with exceptional ability in the sciences, arts or business.
- Professionals with advanced degrees.
- Physicians intending to practice medicine in under-served areas.
EB-3 Skilled or Professional Workers
- Professionals with bachelor’s degrees or equivalent degrees.
- Skilled workers with at least two years experience.
- Unskilled workers.
EB-4 Special Immigrants
- Religious workers.
- Employees and former employees of the U.S. Government abroad.
EB-5 Immigrant Investors
- Engaging/starting in a new commercial enterprise in the U.S.
- Showing that the new enterprise will either directly or indirectly create 10 or more U.S. jobs.
Please contact one of our employment-based immigration attorneys to discuss your employment-based visa matters or I-9 compliance issues.