EB4 Visa: Religious Workers, Special Immigrants

Immigrant Religious Workers

The EB-4 classification includes 2 groups of foreign nationals:

  1. Religious workers – primarily ministers of religion.
  2. Employees and former employees of the U.S. Government abroad who are foreign nationals.

This category of immigrant must file Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant, concurrently with a host of other forms depending on their needs with the USCIS serving the area in which the immigrant will work.


Your employer should file an USCIS Form I-360 with the USCIS Regional Service Center that has jurisdiction over the location of your employment. You should have been working with your religious organization for at least two years. You should be entering the U.S. to work in one of the following capacities:

  1. As a minister or priest of your religious denomination.
  2. In a professional capacity for your religious organization (this requires a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent).
  3. In a religious vocation or occupation for your religious organization or its non-profit affiliate.


Along with submitting Form I-360, you should provide the following documents:

  1. Proof that your religious organization is a non-profit organization.
  2. A letter from an official of your religious organization in the U.S. stating that you have been a member of the denomination for at least two years, and that you have at least two years experience in your vocation or occupation. The letter should also state certain details about your particular type of vocation/occupation.
  3. This letter should also state how you will be paid for your work, and that you do not intend to supplement your income with a second job, or depend on charity for support.

Colorado Immigration Attorneys at Murad & Murad have extensive experience in this area of U.S. Immigration Law.
To schedule a consultation, please call 303-449-5535.